In a Konfig, steps are used to group multiple options into logical and user-friendly units.
Each step in a Konfig can be composed of multiple options, and the options within a step can be ordered in any way that makes sense for the product. For example, you can order the options in a step by relevance, by importance, or by any other criteria that you choose.
In addition to the options, each step in a Konfig can also have a specific camera position, which will be used when the user selects the step in the Konfig. This allows you to create an immersive and engaging user experience, by showing the product from different angles and perspectives as the user navigates between the steps.
To create a step in a Konfig, you will need to:
- Identify the options that you want to include in the step, and group them together in a logical and user-friendly way. For example, you can group the options for a specific frame of a chair, or for a specific component of a product.
- Create the step in the Konfig editor, and specify a name for the step. This will be displayed to the user in the Konfig, and it should provide a clear and concise name of the options in the step.
- Add the options that you want to include in the step, and arrange them in the desired order. You can select options in the sidebar and move them to the step.
- Specify the camera position for the step, by adjusting the position and orientation of the camera in the Konfig preview. This will determine the view of the product that the user will see when they select the step in the Konfig.
- Preview the Konfig and test the step to ensure that it works as expected, and that the options and the camera position are displayed correctly.
By using steps in a Konfig, you can create a user-friendly and engaging product configurator, which will allow your users to easily customize and configure the products that you offer. By grouping the options into logical units, and by providing specific camera positions for each step, you can create a seamless and intuitive user experience, which will improve the overall effectiveness of your Konfigs.